Details of our services and facilities for customers with disabilities
We welcome visits from guests with disabilities and do everything possible to ensure they have a safe and enjoyable visit.
We offer registered disabled customers a combination membership or park ticket, both of which are discounted and include a free carer admission. The carer can be an adult or a ‘registered’ young carer (proof required). The carer can be a different person on any visit and is not required to be named on a membership.
When visiting the park we request that you bring the following documentation:
- When buying a membership:
- Please bring along your original DLA letter or blue badge with proof of name and address when purchasing/collecting your membership. You will not need to show proof again during the membership term.
- When Buying a park admission ticket:
- On each visit you must bring your original DLA letter or blue badge with proof of name and address and show this to our admission staff.
Our Park Accessibility
- Paths around our main attractions are tarmac and level. (where possible)
- Car Park spaces are provided close to the ticket booth
- Our Restaurants, Gift shops and the Happydrome Theatre are wheelchair/mobility scooter accessible
- Disabled access toilet facilities are available
- A limited number of manual wheelchairs are available to hire on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.
Outside Rides and Attractions
- Several rides are unsuitable for wheelchair users or customers with heart, neck, or back conditions, or expectant mothers.
- On many of our rides, customers must be capable of bracing themselves in an upright position.
- We strongly recommend that you watch the ride in motion before making the decision to board.
- We do not operate a queue jump system at our park. Our rides and attractions are designed for smaller children, so their ride length is much shorter than the bigger theme parks. This in turn keeps the queues shorter.
Wild Thing! Indoor Play Centre
- There are 3 low entry points in to the play structure, with low level interactive play equipment.
Health and Safety
The Health and Safety Executive state that refusal on the grounds of health and safety does not constitute discrimination. Any decisions to refuse access to our rides on health and safety grounds has your best interests at heart.
Other Discounts for registered disabled guests and their carers
Our registered disabled admission tickets and memberships already have a discount applied and a free carer admission included. Due to these discounts, we unfortunately do not offer any further discounts on either registered disabled park tickets or memberships. Registered disabled admission cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount at any time.